There seems to be some confusion about the application process. Here are a few points of clarification:
1) There is no rush to apply, and there is no immediate deadline. In the words of a wise partner of ours, “it has to get done the right way, not right away.”
2) ICIRR is not the only means through which young people can apply.
- NIJC will be offering pro bono clinics for application assistance. They offer one-on-one consultations for a $50 fee. Fee waivers are available, and service is dependent on income status
- ICIRR will host more workshops in the future. More details TBA.
- Our partner organizations will be hosting workshops which will also be posted on dreamrelief.org
- You can refer to our partner agencies and lawyers for help your application. The first consultation is free if you mention that you were referred by ICIRR.
If you live in Illinois your application should be mailed to:
PO Box 5757
Chicago, IL 60680-5757
If you’re still confused about whether or not you are eligible, check out NIJC’s legal screening tool